It is all still sinking in. We are having a boy. We are having a boy. WE ARE HAVING A BOY! I couldn't be more excited! There were so many different thoughts, I will try and get them all down. First off, I am thinking maybe I should always be pregnant, my blood pressure was the lowest I think it has EVER been, even when I am working out constantly. Dr. P explained that my body is supposed to do this and looks like it is doing exactly what it should. I continue to pray that will be ok throughout the entire pregnancy as that was probably my biggest concern. She did explain it would probably creep back up at the beginning of my third trimester, but it was looking good that it was doing what it should now.
When the ultrasound tech called my name, I was instantly drawn (or maybe drawn back, not sure which yet) to her voice and thought, "I am about to have to listen to her for . . . however long this takes". Of course, the second we got in the room, that was definitely not even a thought as she explained what everything was. She did start with getting all of the measurements and even showed us his brain, we are praying he has half of one with some sense!
Oh - Papa M (who was referred to in previous posts as The Hubs, but will from now on be Papa M) asked her before she started what she thought the baby would be. She said initially she had no idea, but then did say that she had seen all girls during the day so she would assume Baby A was also one. Oh no! We have to be the different ones! I can't say I don't like that trend, I do like being different! Baby A is also due in a month that has 5 Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. This only happens (I hope I remember this correctly) every 800 and something years??? Of course, you will most likely be born in June, especially since you are already measuring 5 days ahead of time.
The ultrasound tech did tell us she was sure she knew what it was but couldn't get "the money" shot and I instantly knew she was seeing boy. After a few times of shaking the 'wand' on my belly, she explained she was seeing boy but still couldn't get a good shot of him because he was sitting indian style and wouldn't spread open. She made it sound as though this wasn't usual. She continued to shake my belly, to a point that it was sore for 2 days afterward. I also had to pee after a little while, so of course, this enhanced the desire. After working and working, she finally got a few good pictures of his 'boy business' or as she said in that squeaky, high pitch voice, his little tee-tee.
We have figured out one thing about Baby A, either he is going to be hard-headed (which to be quite honest, wouldn't be a surprise since both mother and father tend to be) or as calm as can be. She poked and prodded in many places and he never got real fussy. He would react in some way by moving his legs or hand, but never just 'lost' it. We are voting for the first option because it would be hard to believe that we could make a real 'calm' baby.
People have asked if I cried. I was too amazed I think to cry. I was actually trying to figure everything out and take it all in so I never even thought about it or started to. I wanted to try and figure out where the baby was in relation to my stomach, but never could actually figure it out. I have watched the 20 minute video (she continued to record so we got 'extra' video because she was trying hard to convince me it was indeed a boy - just knew someone that was told boy until 37 weeks then was told - oops, it is a girl) at least 3 times now, of course, twice was with other people. I am surprised I haven't cried, maybe it is still just setting in - who knows? The cutest thing on the video - when he was "eating" the amniotic fluid and had his hands near his face! She said he was doing exactly what he should be doing.
Baby A - You will have a name! Rest assured we are looking for the most perfect name possible. This is a big decision and we want to get it right. Hopefully we will. I did tell my mom, your grandma, that I loved my name and I hope you can always say that also. With that in mind, I will tell you, it won't be a "normal", everyday name you hear all of the time, but hopefully not too off the wall either. You looked perfect on the black and white screen and even on the 4D alien looking screen. Looks like you might be a thumb sucker - no worries there, momma was also! It even looked like you had some hair which is something I am praying for! Babies with hair are just the cutest! Your papa and I both had hair! We do wonder who you will look like, what attributes you will have from both of us. We can't wait to meet you but want you to develop fully before meeting you! One day, you might actually want to bury yourself in a hole when reading this, but maybe one day you will thank me for writing this down. I promise I will always do my best when trying to keep up with milestones and other things in our life through this blog and hopefully make many books out of it. Now, the fun part starts, decisions about what will be surrounding you as far as colors and bedding and all of that stuff. I hope one day you look back and think it was halfway decent, don't worry, nothing too frilly or pastel-ly. One thing you will learn pretty quick, your mom loves color and lots of it! We are getting ready!!!!
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Thoughts on the Big Ultrasound
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment