Thanks for joining us for "The Acree Adventures" and our attempt at raising our child. It could be an interesting adventure for sure.
RSS

Friday, April 8, 2011

Can It Be This Easy?

Let me be honest by first saying I would be one of those pregnant ladies who everything goes wrong from the very beginning, horrible morning sickness, awful pains . . . you get the picture. Much to my surprise at nearing my third trimester, I have had almost nothing wrong. Of course, I have small bouts of heartburn, having to get up to pee at night which equates to not getting a great night of sleep, and starting to get those pesky little calf burns at night, but nothing too bad. I will admit though, last night, I fell asleep on the couch at 7:15, so I am afraid the tiredness is back. But all in all, I would say it is still easy. I know this isn't true for many women and feel blessed to be a bit older with no concerns.


With that being said, I know there is still some time to go. I still have around 12 weeks left and lots can happen. I do go for my sugar test Wednesday along with some other blood work they will be doing. I have gained some weight, but according to my doc, seem to be right on track with that. My blood pressure has been surprisingly low, which Dr. P says is a good sign, my body is doing and reacting to the pregnancy exactly the way it should. She did warn me that this is something that will most likely go up towards the end and we wouldn't just panic if it does.


Overall, I feel most fortunate as I thought I would just be miserable. So far, those days have been very limited to just a few. Even my students have said I am not hormonal, but I do like an ice box of a classroom. If that is their only effect of me being pregnant, they said they could deal with that for sure. Maybe it is a good thing this whole pregnancy so far has been smooth. I was so worried it would be bad and this would be my one and only, but if things continue to go so well, I could do this many more times. Well, just one more time really!


Mitchell and I are just so excited and don't always believe this is happening. Hayes - we just can't wait to meet you! We are starting to get things ready for you. We do still have to clean out your room, get the crib up and all of the decorations that grandma did for you on the walls, but never fear, we will get it all done very soon. You are such a lucky little boy - you just can't imagine how many people love you already and will be there to support you throughout your life. You are truly a blessing to me and your dad as well as all of the people around us. We love you!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment