About a week ago, Papa M was able to feel Hayes kick. Of course, I have been feeling this for weeks now and what a most wonderful feeling it is! It is great to know he is there and moving around as he should be.
The first time was a Saturday night and we were watching 24. **Side note: We have been watching non stop 24 from season 1 on Netflix. We are now on Season 5 and really wonder what we are going to do with our life after 24. Of course, that is an easy answer . . . Hayes will be hanging around by then and it will be baseball season. Hayes will probably soothe to the "beats" that are in 24 at a "break" time. The bad thing about it, I usually have crazy dreams as a result of watching 24 at night because right now, I seem to have crazy dreams.** Anyway . . . I told Papa M he was kicking a lot and if he would come over on the couch and was patient he probably could feel. Hayes didn't kick for the first minute or so but then, he kicked a few times in a row. The last one was really hard and Papa M was pretty happy. Then one morning this past weekend, Hayes was really kicking it up and he felt it repeatedly for a good minute or so. It seems I feel him move more on the weekends. I would assume it is because I am not up moving around as much as I do when at work.
So far, I haven't gotten tired of feeling him move. It is so strange feeling him move around and kick. I don't know if I will ever get used to the idea that there is something else living inside of my body - what a strange concept to me. One day this baby will appear before us, what was once inside will be a living being that we will be responsible for. It truly is a miracle, but one that our bodies are designed to handle.






1 comments:
Jeremy would lay his head on my belly and talk to our babies. And each time, in the hospital, after they were born and had gone to the nursery and come back to the room, we would watch them turn thier heads toward Jeremy when he would start to talk. When Blake was born, you could tell she also reconized Caroline's voice. It is so cool they can hear you and you can feel them. After he is born, when you are away from him, you will get this physical need to hold him. It gets better as they get older but it is so hard when they are little. It is such a wonderful experience and it is so much fun for me to read about yours!! :)
Post a Comment