Thanks for joining us for "The Acree Adventures" and our attempt at raising our child. It could be an interesting adventure for sure.
RSS

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Grandparents At Play


As we worked yesterday at our home (for now), getting things moved from my house to our new home together, it was so wonderful to realize that Baby A has the absolutely BEST group of grandparents a kid could ask for.  First off, we will be renting out my house for now and living at The Hubs place until we build or buy our house hopefully in 2 or so years (maybe longer, maybe not, will just depend I suppose).  He would like a log cabin and of course, that is fine with me as long as I can put my color and 'style' into it.  We do have everything moved except for the little stuff and much of it put away.  Baby A, your grandma, my mom, made sure you were safe and sound with me!  The grandparents were WONDERFUL!

But, as I watched most of the time throughout the day, I was just so excited that our child(ren) will have two of the most wonderful, loving, adorable, playful grandparents a kid could ever ask for!!!!!  For my parents, this is their first grandchild and they couldn't be more excited it seems.  I know dad though, his baby is having a baby, that is going to be tough on him I am quite sure although he is going to LOVE being a grandpa!  The Hubs parents are just as wonderful.  His dad didn't feel well yesterday, but still came and helped change out the cords on the dryer (I had a 3 prong plug, but it needed a 4 prong plug - but he and my dad got it changed out and all good!) and his mom came and helped wash all of the dishes and put them away, all on a foot that bound to have hurt her last night that she is having surgery on.  Both sets of grandparents are of course aging, but even in their ailments, they came to help and more than helped, they did it, especially mom!  I know there is no way on this earth I would have gotten a fourth of it done without her.  

So, Baby A, you have amazing grandparents; they are going to love you and treasure all of their time with you!  I believe if anything, there will be 'arguing' over who will be keeping you if mom and dad need what I am sure will be a much needed break at times.  We are so lucky, but you are getting the greatest gift of all - A loving family, not just a mom and dad, but grandparents and an aunt (Aunt K) who love you already SO MUCH (this does not include all of the extended family and friends which adds up also!) You don't even realize how much joy you have already brought to all of us and how much you will bring to us in the future!  You are one lucky little avocado right now (you are currently the size of an avocado for this week)!  

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Janis said...

Thanks, Maggie. I've called my girls many things--My Little Pumpkin, My Little Cookie, My Little Blueberry Muffin (sense a pattern there??). But I've never thought of "My Little Avocado!!!"

Maggie said...

Well, it is the size of an avocado this week!!!! So . . . I thought that would work for this week. LOL!

Waiting for our little monster said...

Soo cute. I love reading your blog! It took me forever to figure out how to follow you but I am now :) lol

Post a Comment